Our Well Water Test Kit was specifically designed to help you test quickly and easily for the 10 most common water quality concerns in private well water, including iron, copper, lead, bacteria, pesticides, nitrates, nitrites, chlorine, pH and hardness.
Test your well water with this easy to use and affordable home kit.
This comprehensive test allows you to:
- Test for copper, iron, and lead
- Detect dangerous levels of Nitrates/Nitrites
- Test for potentially harmful bacteria*
- Learn your water’s pH balance
- Determine your waters’ hardness
- Identify unsafe levels of chlorine in your water
- Single Use
The Watersafe Test Kit contains everything you need to find out simply and accurately if your water contains unsafe or undesirable levels of 10 common contaminants. Follow the instructions carefully for each test, and compare results to the desired values.
- Bacteria*: total coliform bacteria, presence / absence test
- Total Chlorine: 0, 2, 4, 10ppm (mg/l)
- Copper: 0, 0.5, 1, 2, 5ppm (mg/l)
- Hardness: 0, 50, 120, 250, 425ppm (mg/l)
- Iron: 0, 0.1, 0.3, 1, 5ppm (mg/l)
- Lead: presence / absence test (detection level: 15ppb)
- Nitrate: 0, 0.5, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50ppm (mg/l)
- Nitrite: 0, 0.15, 0.3, 1, 1.5, 3, 10ppm (mg/l)
- Pesticides: presence / absence test (detection level: Atrazine 3ppb, Simazine 4ppb)
- pH: 6, 6.5, 7.5, 8.5, 10
*The bacteria test kit detects total coliform (which is faecal bacteria for the most part) and is a presence/absence test of 1CFU per 100ml. Total Coliform bacteria include E.coli, serratia, enterobacter, ctirobacter and klebsiella.
The test kit contains:
- 1x Bacteria Test Vial
- 1x Lead / Pesticide Test Strip
- 1x Nitrate / Nitrite Test Strip
- 1x pH / Hardness / Chlorine Test Strip
- 1x Copper Test Strip
- 1x Iron Test Strip
Caution! Drinking water which tests outside the desired values may be dangerous to your health.
Safewater’s Drinking Water Tests Kits are a revolution in home water testing. They’re fast (results in 10 minutes—start to finish). They’re affordable. They provide professional lab-quality results that appear right before your eyes!
Water is by far the most ingested substance on the planet. Even with modern water-treatment facilities, water can be a significant source of dangerous contaminants, spreading acute and chronic diseases. Continual exposure to certain man-made chemicals can be highly insidious, causing damage over months or years with often serious and sometimes deadly effects.
Chlorine, used for disinfection in many commercial and residential facilities, can react with organic matter to form cancer-causing trihalomethanes. Even naturally occurring contaminants can show up in drinking water with deadly consequences.
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, E.coli bacteria is responsible for an estimated 73,000 cases of infection and 61 deaths per year in the United States.
Lead is toxic when ingested and causes a wide variety of systemic and developmental problems in adults and children yet this metal can leach from old pipes and fixtures, making its way into drinking water.
The results of all tests can be obtained within 10-30 minutes – except for the bacteria test, which is 48 hours. The test results are modelled on the guidelines given by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) of the USA.
Please note that Watersafe® is a screening test and can not be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. Watersafe® provides approximate results ONLY when used in strict accordance with instructions. safewater.ie expressly disclaims any liability resulting from the use of this product, failure to follow instructions or reliance on test results. This is not a measuring instrument.
Made in the USA. Shipped from the UK and delivered FREE by registered post, normally within four days.